About the Festival
Churches Making Movies is a cultural movement of churches harnessing the power of films to impact culture. In its seventh year, the film festival celebrates the best church-produced films in the world. We screen films from across the country produced by churches, media ministries and Christian Non-Profits. In addition to movie screenings, we offer several learning experiences for church-based filmmakers and writers. If you want to learn how to make movies that move mountains and inspire generations, become a part of this culture-impacting movement where you will meet others with a passion for faithful movie making.
Since 2013, the festival has taken place in North/Central New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City.
One of the most effective and important activities Jesus did for people was to tell them stories. He was the master storyteller. Through His stories, Jesus transformed hearts, renewed minds, and saved souls. In the 21st Century, filmmakers are some of our most influential storytellers. Through their stories, filmmakers heavily influence our beliefs, establish some of our traditions, and define many of our values. The ability of these stories to draw men to Christ is a testament to why churches should make movies.
At Churches Making Movies, our mission is threefold.
1. Educate, energize, and empower churches to incorporate film making into their ministries.
2. Give exposure to the best in church-made films.
3. Provide networking and sharing opportunities for church leaders and church-based filmmakers where they can obtain encouragement and support.
Join us in our mission as we strive to make films an integral part of Christian Ministry.
The success of the film festival is a result of the entire team's personal relationship with Jesus Christ and our passion for movie evangelism. Our desire is for more churches to use films specifically to inspire people around the world to find and maintain true relationships with God. The following core values shape and define the day-to-day operations of Churches Making Movies. They are our distinct, sincere convictions that influence our behavior and decisions and guide our mission.
1. Passion for Godly creativity.
2. Faith in the interest and desire of churches to make quality films that
evangelize, educate, entertain, and empower.
3. Vision that foresees the film making challenges, aspirations, and unique giftings of the church.